Yep, I’m still on the New Year New You/Style Goal/Resolution Bandwagon. Why not? As I’ve mentioned a million times before, I’m feeling great about 2016 and am passionate about helping you make it your best year ever.
So reinvention…sounds big, a little scary, right? Quite honestly, it’s just a buzzword. Your style reinvention can be subtle or bold. Either way, changing up your style can completely change the way you feel!
As an image and wardrobe consultant, I guide my clients through their reinventions. The main thing I can tell you is once they make even a subtle change, no one ever wants to go back!
Here are ten ways to reinvent your style, either subtly or boldly:
- Change your hair. Subtle: Subtly change your hair color. Bold: Get a completely new cut (and color)!
- Do you always wear black? Subtle: Add in bright color! Bold: Try an all white outfit. The most modern look is varying shades of white in interesting textures.
- Change your handbag! Subtle: Change your bag for the seasons instead of carrying a year round bag. Bold: Create a handbag wardrobe. Light leathers with light clothing; black patent bag to go with black, and colors to suit your mood and add punch to your outfits!
- Leather! Subtle: Try a lightweight leather jacket for spring/summer in any color except black. Bold: Try other garments such as tops and skirts in summer weight leather (or faux leather.) Very chic!
- Create a signature look with color. Subtle: Add pops of a signature color to your wardrobe. (Extra)-Bold: Buy as many things as you can in this color. Wear it every day!
- Show some skin! Subtle: Go sleeveless; try a shorter skirt; try a lower neckline, etc. (all of these in moderation, please.) Bold: Um, no bold option here!
- Always accessorize! Subtle: Swap silver for gold. If you always wear silver, but have a sneaking suspicion you look better in gold, experiment with the other metal. Rose gold is yet another gorgeous alternative. Bold: Swap your delicate pieces for bold statement pieces…and get ready for compliments!
- Banish VPL’s (visible panty lines) for good! Subtle: dip your toes in. Try 1 thong, 1 boy short and 1 light control panty, and see what suits you best. Bold: Clear out your lingerie drawer and go all out; buy all the colors of your preferred style that make you happy and feeling fabulous all underneath.
- Revamp your make-up routine. Subtle: emphasize a new part of your face. For example, if you always concentrate on your eyes, start playing up your lips instead. Find a few fabulous lipstick shades and have a blast with them. Bold: Learn to subtly contour for special days. Strobing is a fun way to play with light on your face, and it’s quick and easy!
- Update your outerwear! Subtle: Do you yawn every time you reach for your sensible, black coat? Branch out with a colorful wool coat that will wake you up each morning. Bold: Swap your cloth coat for a feminine, puffer coat with interesting details like a belt or fur (faux or real) collar. Sure this may not be your choice for job interviews or important client calls, but choosing a fitted parka with sharp details like a belt or metallic snaps will update your look as well as keeping you uber-warm!
Whether you choose mild or wild; one or all of the reinvention techniques, you’re sure to make a difference in your wardrobe that will go a long way.
Before You Go…
At Last, a complete resource with all the stores with sizes and proportions to fit your unique shape!
No matter what your body type, in this guide, you'll find more shops and sites than you ever knew existed... that cater to just your size, height and shape!