The fall trends have shown themselves, but it will be a couple of more months before we look at spring’s trends. What does that leave? Accessories! In particular this month–scarves. Before you declare yourself “not a scarf person,” read on. We’re not talking about your grandma’s scarves. Today’s scarves have a more modern, casual vibe great for business, business casual and casual wear.
If your wardrobe is devoid scarves, I encourage you to take a trip to the accessories department or your favorite boutique with this tip in hand and do a little experimenting. If you like scarves, follow these tips, and you may just learn to love scarves.
The Hardest Working Accessory
Scarves are the ultimate multi-tasking accessory. Here are just a few reasons to love them.
* Camouflage If you’ve put on a couple of extra pounds over the holidays, (like me,) you’ll love this quick fix. A long scarf not only covers your tummy, but it also creates a strong, center front vertical line creating the illusion that you’re taller an thinner.
* Color Even though most of us own a lot of it, black is rarely our best color. By adding a colorful scarf to a black jacket or sweater, you’ll give yourself a rosy, healthful glow.
* Warmth If you’re often cold, even when the heater is running, a scarf will help. Even a silk scarf will help you cover your torso and keep you warmer. When the temperature really dips, a cashmere scarf will warm you right up!
* Interest Scarves are extremely stylish this year and will continue to show up for spring. It’s an easy way to update and add interest to even the simplest outfit. Trés chic! French women have known this for years.
* Mix ‘n Match A patterned scarf can help pull your color scheme together creating a well put together appearance.
* Attention Because scarves are generally worn close to your face, they’re eye-catching and help hold attention at your face, where you always want it for business!
Be sure to sign up for my e-Style Tip of the Month packed with pictures and more how-to’s to help you take the stress out of getting dressed.
And if you would like some hands on learning about accessorizing-whether you’re lacking or need ideas of what to do with what you’ve got check out Accessory Madness.