One of the questions I always ask my clients when we’re creating their Style Recipe is “What don’t people know about you?” If you’re an E-Style Tip Reader, you know I knock on your e-mail box door quite often, and you know I love to shop, (which might make me a bit weird in your eyes if you’re not a shopper,) so today I thought I would share a few personal things about myself that you probably don’t know.
**If you’re not an e-Style Tip reader, what are you waiting for? Check it out, right over there →
This is some personal stuff—and I gotta admit I feel a tiny bit vulnerable sharing some of it. If you’re also curious about the more “businessy” part about how I work ; how I got started, and why I’m qualified, check it out here.
And if you’re not at all interested in me, (which could be understandable, lol) skip this post, but be sure to check out one of my most popular posts ever, which does have to do with YOU!
7 Things About Me
- I have one sister. She hates to shop…for clothes, but she gives fabulous Christmas gifts! Growing up, she was athletic and on lots of sports teams. I was picked last for the teams in gym class.
- I’ve lived in Colorado most of my life. The picture of me as a little girl on my web site was taken when I was five years old and living in Colorado Springs. After living there just a short year, we moved to St. Louis, Missouri where I lived until I was 14 when we moved to Denver. The clothing styles were so different here compared to St. Louis!
- I met my husband at the “Media Challenge” at Monarch Ski Area. We got engaged on a ski lift at Telluride when he pulled my mitten off; shoved the ring on my finger while asking me to marry him. Obviously, I said yes! We released monarch butterflies at our wedding.
- The most unusual and scary thing I’ve ever done is swim with sharks on our honeymoon (17 years ago!) in Tahiti. Once we got in the water and saw how deep down they were, it wasn’t as terrifying! I totally recommend it!!
- When I was little, my mom gave me old sheets to play with. I cut them up and created “evening gowns.” My mom loves clothes and taught me a lot about fashion.
- My favorite movie is Legally Blonde. (Probably not such a surprise, huh?) My second favorite movie is Animal House. “Double secret probation? What’s that?!”
- I love to eat and drink wine! It’s odd, but my metabolism is better now than it was when I was young, probably because I work out more. When I start to feel my clothes get tight, I cut back and eat healthier…can’t stand the thought of not being able to wear my clothes I love so much!
So there’s a little peek at some of my “secrets.” I’d be thrilled if you want to share something about yourself, either in the comments, or just hit reply.
At Last, a complete resource with all the stores with sizes and proportions to fit your unique shape!
No matter what your body type, in this guide, you'll find more shops and sites than you ever knew existed... that cater to just your size, height and shape!