Whether you’re speaking to six people in a conference room or 600 in an auditorium, you want all eyes on you. I’m mean, let’s face it you’re not up there for your health! Here are just a few tips to help you create a compelling, engaging image.
1. Do be physically comfortable. As a speaker you need to be able to move around and make gestures with ease.
2. Don’t wear anything distracting. Eyeglasses should have an anti-reflective coating. Avoid loud jewelry and ties, overly ornamental belt buckles and most of all, long dangling earrings. Your goal is to draw your audience’s eyes to your face. You want them to pay attention to what you’re saying.
3. A matched suit is often a good choice for speaking. A matched suit gives out messages that you are authoritative, knowledgeable, credible, and formal.
4. Research your venue. Don’t wear anything that will clash with the surroundings or other speakers on stage. Research your audience. What is their age range, gender and what is important to them.
5. Never “save” an outfit for a speaking engagement. Always give it a trial run to see how you feel in it and how others react to you in it.
6. Always wear a smile!
At Last, a complete resource with all the stores with sizes and proportions to fit your unique shape!
No matter what your body type, in this guide, you'll find more shops and sites than you ever knew existed... that cater to just your size, height and shape!