Ever since I got my new, rose gold iPhone case, I’ve been obsessed with the rosy metal. True, it’s not a brand new trend (and the real deal has been around for decades,) but I hadn’t paid all that much attention to it. After a little research, (yes, I know you’re probably find it hard to believe I research fashion,) I’ve found rose gold flatters most skin tones. And it’s softer than yellow gold or silver, creating a lower contrast.
As a wardrobe consultant in Denver, I know we have a lot of cold weather left and love rose gold accessorizing, because it’s relatively quick and easy to update much of your winter wardrobe with a few pieces of rose gold jewelry whether you’re looking for fine jewelry or costume jewelry.
Given my newfound metal love, I thought I’d share some tips on how to wear it.
7 Tips for wearing rose gold:
- Rose gold pairs perfectly with blush tones and Pantone’s new Pale Dogwood, as it mimics the pale pinks perfectly.
- On a similar note, rose gold paired with nude, beige, or taupe creates a beautiful, elegant outfit.
- For serious business, update classic charcoal grey and white with the pinkish metal.
- Rose gold with turquoise or coral looks fresh and summery. I can’t wait to try it out with my coral 2-piece dress!
- Substitute rose gold for yellow gold or mix and match your metals. Yellow gold and silver are a natural combination, but why not throw rose gold into the mix for an even more unexpected look.
- Don’t limit yourself to jewelry! Rose gold handbags and shoes are a fabulous way to “bronze” your look!
- Feeling a bit daring? Or simply bold? Rose gold hair is one of the biggest trends going in hair color! (Thinking of a couple of subtle highlights for myself.)
Do you like rose gold? What’s your favorite way to wear it?
At Last, a complete resource with all the stores with sizes and proportions to fit your unique shape!
No matter what your body type, in this guide, you'll find more shops and sites than you ever knew existed... that cater to just your size, height and shape!