Ever since I got my new, rose gold iPhone case, I’ve been obsessed with the rosy metal. True, it’s not a brand new trend (and the real deal has been around for decades,) but I hadn’t paid all that much attention to it. After a little research, (yes, I know you’re probably find it hard to believe I research fashion,) I’ve found rose gold flatters most skin tones. And it’s softer than yellow gold or silver, creating a lower contrast.
As a wardrobe consultant in Denver, I know we have a lot of cold weather left and love rose gold accessorizing, because it’s relatively quick and easy to update much of your winter wardrobe with a few pieces of rose gold jewelry whether you’re looking for fine jewelry or costume jewelry.
Given my newfound metal love, I thought I’d share some tips on how to wear it.
7 Tips for wearing rose gold:
- Rose gold pairs perfectly with blush tones and Pantone’s new Pale Dogwood, as it mimics the pale pinks perfectly.
- On a similar note, rose gold paired with nude, beige, or taupe creates a beautiful, elegant outfit.
- For serious business, update classic charcoal grey and white with the pinkish metal.
- Rose gold with turquoise or coral looks fresh and summery. I can’t wait to try it out with my coral 2-piece dress!
- Substitute rose gold for yellow gold or mix and match your metals. Yellow gold and silver are a natural combination, but why not throw rose gold into the mix for an even more unexpected look.
- Don’t limit yourself to jewelry! Rose gold handbags and shoes are a fabulous way to “bronze” your look!
- Feeling a bit daring? Or simply bold? Rose gold hair is one of the biggest trends going in hair color! (Thinking of a couple of subtle highlights for myself.)
Do you like rose gold? What’s your favorite way to wear it?